Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday was actually last Wednesday, but I feel like the festivities started two weeks ago while I was in NY! I had planned to shop for my bday shoes while in the big city, but for the first time ever, I didn't shop! ( I know, the horror!) Between work and some serious night life (more on that later), I just ran out of time. The one day I had planned to hit the stores, it was rainy and windy. Not exactly ideal shopping weather. So, I came home with nothing but a few "I heart NY" t-shirts for my nephews. I had the most amazing trip to NYC, so no complaints here, but I DID have to make up for my lack of  shopping when I returned to LA! 

The morning of my birthday, I had one client and then it was off to the Christian Louboutin boutique to search for the perfect pair of heels.
Once inside, I was mesmerized by all of the gorgeous shoes, each with the ubiquitous red lacquered sole. Ahhhh...I imagine this it what Heaven is like! The selection was overwhelming! Thankfully, I knew exactly what I wanted, and had the sweetest SA a girl could ask for! (We're now Facebook friends!) The second I told him that I was buying a bday present for myself, he offered me a glass of champagne, some Paulette macarons, and literally brought me every black shoe in the store to try! Seriously, Heaven!
I completely took over the entire second floor, with shoe boxes and black peep toes everywhere!  After  trying several different styles, the perfect pair for me was the Hyper Prive.  While I loved the simplicity of the all black Very Prive, the extra platform of the HP made them SO much more comfortable!
(Sorry for the bad photo quality.  I was trying not to be too obnoxious in the store with my camera.)
As soon as I got home, I did a proper photo shoot with my new birthday shoes, which also happen to be my very first pair of Louboutins! 

I'm in love!

21 comments:

  1. You are a Scorpio [scorpio horoscope ] and you are so lucky to have this beautiful pair of shoes! I so love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday to your Bren! What a FABULPUS gift to yourself and wonderful service! That door is sooo cool too!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bren, they are PERFECT! Oh I'm so happy for you because that sounds like such an amazing shopping experience! Louboutins and champagne? Yeah. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    I'm so in love with your shoes too :)

    Kisses
    J
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're perfect.
    They're perfect.
    They're perfect.
    They are absolute, utter perfection, my dear! I love that you had such a good experience there; it looks like an absolute dream! Let's shoe shop together sometime, okay? Super.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! And congratulations on your first CLs!!! They are stunning. And that sounds like such a wonderful shopping experience! My first pair is a long way off..I'm jealous but thanks for letting us live vicariously through your photos! : )

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAHHHHHH!!! I can't believe you didn't call me!!! What an AMAZING experience!! Isn't it the greatest feeling wearing a pair of those bad boys??? I LOVE your choice, classic, timeless, and GORGEOUS!!!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happpppy Birthday!!!! I love your pick! They are stunning!!!!!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Bren. They're breathtaking. That's EXACTLY the pair I'd get too. I love the extra platform and the red peeping out. What a fabulous birthday gift. Happy belated birthday to you and your new shoes. ;)

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I'm waiting to treat myself too...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, they're gorgeous!!! We are officially shoe and purse twins ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Liz Lemon would say, "I want to go there." I love the gate with his name on it. How cool.
    Now on to the shoes, those are amazing! An awesome birthday present to yourself. :)
    One of these days, I'll be the proud owner of some Louboutins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness swoon!!!

    Happy Birthday Bren! I'm so glad you've had many awesome celebrations in two of the most amazing cities in the world! Wishing you lots of birthday happiness and wishes :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! redsoles. Lucky you. Its my dream pair!
    xx
    Sahi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SO EXCITED for you!!!! They are PERFECT!! Congrats Bren! I KNOW what a feeling that is like! WOW! :D

    GORGEOUS shoes!!!!!! :D

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!!! I'm so glad you got them!! THEY ARE AMAZING!!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are perfection! Enjoy them. So happy you picked such a classic pair, since they are a bit on the pricey side...you will wear those for years to come:)
    Happy Belated.
    Stopping in for the first time...lovely blog!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh lucky girl!!! They are stunning and I'm sure you had a perfect birthday with those beauties on your feet. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I ever miss this post, Bren?! This is the most perfect birthday gift ever. You really will covet these forever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It has always been my dream to save up enough money to buy Louboutins! I just hope that they're still selling Clou Noeud's in 10 years, because that's when I'll have enough money!! Great Blog!

    diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete