Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Autumn in New York

Anytime I'm in Manhattan, I almost always make a beeline to Central Park the second I arrive. My most recent trip was no exception. You'd think first on the agenda would be shopping, theater, or grabbing a slice of real NY pizza! For me, all of that can wait until I've had my walk through the park.  I was especially excited to take in all of the Fall colors! Some of the locations that I visited, you'll remember from my last stroll through the park. Only this time, the trees were drenched in the golden glow of Autumn, making everything look new again.
I really wanted to play in the leaves, but since I was by myself I settled for a self portrait.
As I walked through The Mall,  I came across a cool band called The Dirty Urchins. Apparently they play in public spaces all over the city, and just happened to be in the middle of a set as I was passing by. 
 Here's a little sample.
I actually would've bought one of their cd's, except I had zero cash. They weren't exactly set up to take credit cards.
As I headed toward the fountain, I couldn't help but notice the leaves! We don't get these colors in LA!
The last time I was here, the water had been drained, and the pond was icy.  
It was nice to see the water flowing and paddle boats still in the pond. Though I'm sure it won't be long before the Boathouse closes, and the fountain, once again is drained for the Winter.

And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are Autumn

~N. Nordeman

15 comments:

  1. Bren, these pictures are absolutely stunning! It's funny how I almost forget what "Fall" looks like, living in LA. I haven't seen trees like that in years! Your NY trip sounds amazing!

    I am absolutely loving the A Wang bag! It makes me feel "hip". HA! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Bren! I'm off to Fresno to see my family. Talk to you soon!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks like the most amazing day out in the park. i am dying to go to new york. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Bren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Bren!! I'm beyond excited to walk through Central Park tomorrow!! Happy Thanksgiving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Central Park is absolutely gorgeous -- your shots are lovely! Such pretty leaves.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday Bren! Hope you're doing well!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Central Park looks just amazing. The colors are so vivid and pretty!! LUCKY YOU! Wish we had some of that here in the West :(

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What incredible pictures! I'm jealous I can't be there right now, taking a leisurely jog through Central Park. Those leaves are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, Bren! I would love to see the park this time of year! And I would love to visit at Christmastime!
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these photos are so beautiful and how amazing is fall? Looks like you had a great trip! Belated Happy Thanksgiving - such a wonderful time to be with loved ones and give thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, looks so beautiful! I evny you! Cannot wait to leave Australia and see what else there is in this world.
    Great blog too, always a good read :)
    xx Rose.
    www.worned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always wanted to visit central park, it looks fabulous.

    Having a giveaway, COme join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seemed that your having a good time and me too are looking forward to have some time to relax but how? I can't afford any organic cosmetic brushes and traveling either.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are sooo beautiful! :) PS: I just posted my next FREE BLOG GIVEAWAY! :) SKV6.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete