Friday, June 4, 2010

Bad Blogger, Proud Mac Owner

And...I'm back!

I'm so sorry that I've been a little MIA the past couple of days. I've been working non-stop since I got back from my trip, and nowhere near a computer. It's been so frustrating because I typically have some down time during the day, which could be spent blogging. I hate, hate, hate not being able to stay on top of my blog, and all of yours, so yesterday I did something to fix that. 


Remember back in February, when I was debating between a new PC or Mac? Well the debate is over, and I can now say that I'm a proud Mac Book Pro owner! Not only is this my first Mac, it's also my first laptop! Can you believe I've been using a desktop all of this time? I'm such a gadget girl, and it even shocks me that it's taken until 2010 to get a laptop!  Crazy right?! Up until now, I've relied heavily on my iPhone for all of my on-the-go Internet/email needs. I love my iPhone, but it just can't get the "blogging job" done.  With my work schedule this week, it became apparent that unless I bought a laptop, it would become extremely difficult to stay on top of blogging. (posting, reading and commenting) It made me sick to not post two days in a row, so much so, that I almost bought a netbook! I'm so glad I walked away! It would've been a quick fix, but in the long run I'd still want a Mac. As happy as I am with my new computer, I'm not going to lie...I've also had major anxiety over the switch. I've been a PC user forever, and though I don't love PC's, I know them...really well! I fully expect a learning curve, but I'm  hoping the transition won't be too painful. :) I've been told that after a week on my Mac, I'll never want to touch a PC again. Based on my iPhone experience, I have no doubt that it'll be a love-fest, but right now...we're in the "getting to know each other" phase. :)

Since I've missed a couple of days this week, I'm going to post through the weekend. Just to get back on track, but mostly to catch up with all of you. I feel so out of the loop! Also, my Bobbi Brown giveaway was going to end today, but I've decided to extend the entry period until Sunday, June 6th. That will give you all an extra two days to enter!  I'll still be announcing the winner on Monday, June 7th. Good Luck!


7 comments:

  1. yayyy! - i think i'd look into mac for my next laptop! - then again, i dunno, it's sooooo different using Mac to a PC ..

    *Happy Weekend*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you - I want a Macbook so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay glad you joined the Mac world!! I definitely think you will not regret your purchase! Mac is waaaaay better than a PC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and your new Mac. I don't know how I would have survived without my laptop oh these many years. Being able to access the blog world on the go will add so much to your already amazing content. I fell your smile and happiness in your words. One day when I grow-up I hope to be a Mac user too...but for now I'll be happy with my beater PC. Hey! It got me through my MBA program so it can't be too bad. : ) Looking forward to you catching up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, doll! I'm thrilled for your new laptop! My computer died last year and I was so bummed that I couldn't afford a Mac at the time. I'm stuck with the PC for another computer life cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! This is what I use and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I will never go back to a PC. Have you figured out the tracking pad yet? Two fingers scrolls down, three takes you to the bottom of the pages, four up clears the screen, and four down minimizes all your open screens.

    Good luck!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad you're back! I have no Mac understanding at ALL but I do think they're really pretty, if that counts for anything... Good luck, doll!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete