Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spreading the Love

I'm still playing catch up, and wanted to finally pass along some awards that were so graciously awarded to me. I meant to post this yesterday, but it took a while to write this. Get ready...it's a long one! :)


Sweet Sophie of The Littlest Things awarded me the Happy 101 award! Thank you so much, Sophie! I love reading your blog and hearing about life in Australia! 

I'm passing this award to:
Jamie of Glam Latte
Nivek of L'Uomo Moderno
Jessica of Style Obsession

The rules with this award are to list 10 things that you love, so let's get started...


1. My new Starbucks Venti Insulated Cold Cup - I've had the grande cup for a year now, and you will be hard pressed to find me without it! I'd been searching for the Venti version since they came out at Christmastime (with the candy cane striped straw), and happened to luck out at one of the Beverly Hills locations.  I had already purchased my coffee, and was headed out the door when I saw one lone Venti cup sitting on the shelf. ONE! Now I have my backup in case I leave mine somewhere. I'm so paranoid I'm going to do that! LOL!


2. My iPhone - I've been obsessed with this little gadget since the beginning, and the love fest continues. There's so much that this phone/computer can do! The experience is so  unbelievably amazing! You know I'm chomping at the bit, to get my hands on the new iPhone 4! Pre-order starts on June 15th, and I'm eligible for the upgrade. :) I can't wait!


3. Twilight - there, I said it! A friend of mine asked if I'd talked about Twilight on my blog yet, and when I said no, she said don't! LOL! My cousin got me started on the books, and now I'm hooked on the Twilight Saga like a 15 yr. old! Only 21 days left until Eclipse! And just in case you're wondering...TEAM EDWARD!


4. NYC - Alicia Key's doesn't lie when she sings "the lights will inspire you." I always feel at home in New York, inspired and energized! As much as I love NYC, I can't believe I haven't packed up and moved there! Hopefully someday soon, I'll be able to have a part-time place in the city. LA is great, but NY has my heart!



5. My babies -these are my two little kitties that I love more than anything! Teddy (on the left) is a Flame Point Himalayan, and his sister (not really) is Lucy. She's a red & white Persian, and likes to be called Goosey, as well as  about 48 other nicknames that her mama has given her. ;)  Teddy has nicknames too, but mostly goes by Ted. They're both super sweet, and follow me around the house like a dog would. I usually have one or both in my lap while I'm blogging. :) 



6. Road trips - I'm mostly a hotel kind of girl (no camping for me), but there's nothing like an Americana road trip! I love cruising with no itinerary, and exploring wherever the road takes me!  I dream of renting a Winnie, loading it up with my closest friends, and driving across country, stopping at every kitchy spot along the way!


7. Valentine's Day - As a single girl I know I'm not suppose to love V-day, but I do! My favorite colors are pink and red, and this is the only time of year when it's easy to find this combo. (Especially in kitchen stuff!) Also, I really love finding the perfect Valentines to send to friends and family. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to remind people how much they are loved. 


8. Glee - This is like watching a Broadway musical every week! If you haven't seen this show yet, you're in luck! They're going to air all of the episodes, from the beginning this Summer. Great way to catch up and see what all the fuss is about!


9. Disneyland - They don't call it the happiest place on Earth for nothing! Disneyland reminds me of being a kid, without a care in the world.  If I'm ever feeling a little down, or need to let loose after working a lot, Dland is the perfect fix! I have an annual pass. ;)


10. A day off to relax - It seems lately, that even when I have a day off, it's filled with errands, laundry or cleaning. There's always so much to do, and so little time. I long to have a lazy day in a hammock, taking naps and indulging in a great book!


I love a lot of other things too, but these are the things that came to mind today. Now on with the rest of the awards...


Shawna of Poppies and Sunshine awarded me the Blog Lovin Award.  This award could not describe how I feel about her blog more perfectly! Seriously, Shawna has one of the most visually gorgeous blogs ever! Love her blog!

I'm passing this award to:
Anna of Cornflake  
The Zhush of The Zhush

Marcie of Lemons and Laundry awarded me the Sweet Blog award, and Marcie couldn't be more sweet herself! She has an awesome blog, with an amazing feature on inspiring women!


I'm passing this award to:
Katie of Fashion's Maven



Also, Katie of Fashion's Maven gave me her very own blog award which is amazing! Katie's blog is one of my faves! She just did an amazing series on Sex and the City, which made me remember why I loved that show so much! Head on over and check it out if you haven't already!

The way this award works is that each recipient designs their own award to pass on so that each award is unique! How fun is that?!

So, now we have this one:



Not so original, but gets the job done, right?


I'm passing my award along to some of my favorite bloggers:


Sahi of Barely Vogue
Breanne of Bella Vita
Alicia of Cheetah is the New Black
Anna of Cornflake
Vivian of Diamonds and Tulle
Jamie of Glam Latte
Lisa of Indramatic Fashion
Jammer of Jammer at 10am
Marcie of Lemons and Laundry
Sophie of The Littlest Things
Nivek of L'Uomo Moderno
Shawna of Poppies and Sunshine
Valerie of Red Vines for Breakfast
Stephanie of Maybe Someday We'll Be Smarter...
Jessica of Style Obsession
Erika of ~Tiptoe Butterfly~
Josie of With a Wink and a Smile
The Zhush of The Zhush


Thank you again to everyone who gave me awards, and please check out all of the links to my some of my blogging bff's. They're all amazing!



11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Bren! Loved reading your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thank you for the award! :D Don't worry...you're not alone on your teeny bopper love of Twilight - the girls at my internship got me hooked last summer!

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks so much Bren!!! :) You're so sweet! I heart your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all of your awards! And 2 awards from you? I'm completely honored, my dear! I must get myself one of those S.Bucks cups; they are amazing... And I also am a huge road trip fan!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that my name I see up there? Thank you so, so much Bren, that's made my day!! :-) And congratulations to you too for receiving them.

    Your babies are soooo adorable! I have one too but she's at home being spoilt by my parents in England. Hope you're having a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Bren! I'll post these this weekend!

    Your collection of favorites just makes me smile. My Starbucks has a display of 50 of those insulated cups - so if you need another, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your awards, Bren! And thank you so much for passing some to me!!! It's so fun to read your list of "loves" because I love almost all the same things. I hate to admit it, but I loved the Twilight books. I like the movies, but not the same way I loved the books. After your comment, I downloaded a ton of apps on my iphone and I'm currently OBSESSED with Shazam and Pandora. I've been trying to stump shazam and it's practically impossible. I've realized it doesn't recognize songs when I sing them to it. Go figure. Maybe that speaks more to my singing ability than to the app.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, congratulations on so many awards! And that is so nice of you to pass a couple on to me! Thank you so much, Bren! My day is made now :) I LOVE Disneyland too! I miss having an annual pass. I can't wait for the new water show in California Adventure! It's going to be awesome!

    And that's so funny you seem to be drawn to redheads as friends...that must be why we are blog friends. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. loooooooove your blog!!! ;) too cute!!! FYI: I posted my most recent free blog giveaway! Feel free to enter! and feel free to post it on your blog as well! :) Shannon SKV6.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came across your blog. Love the list and love the links to the other blogs! I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete