Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Renegade Craft Fair: Part 1

Even though I spent most of last weekend working, I did manage to squeeze in a little crafty excursion. Renegade Craft Fair had been on my radar for awhile, so I was excited to finally check it out, now that LA is one of the cities the fair travels to.
It was a fun day out, with hands-on craft workshops, and even a photo booth!
Overall,  I was pretty impressed with the indie-craft talents of the artists who came to show their wares. There was a lot to see, but I quickly found my favorites. One of the first stops I made was at the QNZ - Queens Metal booth. 
QNZ is known for using of a variety of metals, and fusing the industrial with the organic. I immediately spotted this "Beach Pebble" Necklace from their Sprout line.
Here's a quick photo I took using my computer, just so you could see it on. (Sorry, I'm not showing my face because Photo Booth makes me look disgusting!)
I wouldn't normally wear it with this outfit, but you get the idea. It looks perfect with something simple like a solid black dress. I love that this piece is so different than any of my other jewelry, which is exactly what I was looking to find. Something unique.

The next booth I stopped at, drew me in by this pair of cuties.
and this one
These adorable cats, are by Ryan Berkley Illustrations. He happens to create lots of other animals, but I didn't take pictures of them. I'm sure you've noticed by now that I'm more of a cat person. As soon as I saw the pair of kitties in their t-shirts,  I envisioned my "two" in the picture. I decided to take a chance and ask the artist if he does "pet portraits." He said, that normally he doesn't, but he was getting ready to do a pet portrait event! Ryan is planning on doing a limited number for this event, so not everyone interested will get a sitting. I described my cats to him, even showed him a couple of pics on my iphone, and he said that they would be a fun portrait for him. He seemed excited about it. Needless to say, I'm #1 on his list of people interested, so I'll keep you posted if it happens. Keep your fingers crossed!

Considering that this was only the 2nd year of Renegade-LA, I thought the turn out was great! Apparently, the artists were happy that so many people came out too. Hopefully next year is even better! 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for RCF: part 2, and I'll show you my favorite stationery finds. There might even be a little something in there for you!

10 comments:

  1. I love the necklace, Bren! That fair looks so fun! It is exactly what I'd love to do on a weekend!

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was freaking robbed Bren! ROBBED of an amazing time. Thanks so much for sharing though. I'm super sad, but will hopefully be able to check it out next year.

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    ps-can't wait to see your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your necklace, Bren! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the necklace! This looks like a lot of fun; I love art fairs!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the necklace Bren! It seems like such a fun event!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much FUN!!! thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and that necklace is amazing. Love it on you and cute jacket! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the necklace Bren!! Bummed I missed this!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to go to this next year! It looks like a lot of fun. I love the necklace you got! And how fun if you are able to get a portrait done of your cats!

    ReplyDelete